Pedigree: Bred in Germany from the English
Northern Brewer variety and
a disease resistant German male.
General Trade Perception: A well accepted
dual-purpose hop with a good combination balanced bittering and highly
acceptable aroma properties. Perle is the most popular German-grown
hop variety in the US.
- Possible substitutions: Northern Brewer, Hallertau,
Mount Hood, Liberty.
- Beer Styles: Pale Ale, Porter, Stout, Lager, Pilsner,
Weizen, Ale, Alt, Kvlsch, Munich Helles
- Maturity: Mid August through September
- Yield: 1160-1600 lb./ac. or 1300-1800 kg./ha.
- Growth Habit: Moderately vigorous and easy to grow
- Disease Reaction: Mainly tolerant to Prunus necrotic ring-spot
infection. Good tolerance to German wilt and
- Cone-Structure: Fairly loose, small/medium-long.
- Aroma: Pleasant and slightly spicy
- Lupulin: Plentiful, fairly dark yellow