Pedigree: 61021 x 21618M. Pedigree includes
Swiss diploid Tettnanger clone (mother) and a tetraploid Hallertauer
after the Santiam River in Oregon.
General Trade Perception: A recently developed
American aroma hop released by USDA-ARS for commercial production in
the spring of 1997. It has high yield potential and Noble hop characteristics.
- Possible substitutions: German Tettnanger, Spalt,
- Beer Styles: Lager, US Ales, Pilsner, Belgian Tripel & other
- Maturity: Medium
- Yield: Very good, 1400-2100 lb./ac. (over a 4-year period)
- Growth Habit: Very good
- Disease Reaction: Resistant to downy mildew, tolerant to moderately
susceptible to verticillium wilt. Free of all five major hop viruses
at the time of its release (1997).
- Cone-Structure: Small to medium density.
- Aroma: Floral, slightly spicy.
- Lupulin: Moderate amount